The Pledge for Life Partnership hosted a Faith Summit Town Hall Meeting on Youth Substance Abuse. This event was open to faith leaders, clergy, youth ministers, parents, educators and community members.
- Address “Why is it important for faith leaders to communicate to parents and youth about substance abuse prevention?”
- Present the local data on youth substance abuse in Kankakee County
- Discuss the harms associated with alcohol, marijuana and prescription drug misuse
- Educate on Illinois Social Host Law
- Provide substance abuse prevention tools and resources for faith leaders and families
Presenters: Fr. Sunny Castillo, Pastor of St. Rose of Lima, St. Martins of Tours and St. Teresa of Kankakee, Dr. Barry Lee, Social Work Professor, Olivet Nazarene University and Officer Melvina Calvin, Kankakee Police Department