Bourbonnais Elementary School District No. 53 Receives Award
Brenda Wetzel, Director of Life Education Center Programs for the Iroquois-Kankakee Regional Office of Education, recently presented an annual traveling trophy to Dr. Dan Hollowell, Superintendent of the Bourbonnais Elementary School District.
The award is given in appreciation of collaborative prevention efforts reflecting the Pledge for Life Partnership’s (PfL) mission to piece together a safer and healthier community.
Encouraging families to attend the Pledge for Life Partnership’s Family Fun-a-thon and participating in the Vote for Your School activityBourbonnais Elementary School district students, teachers, and administrators exemplified this mission through:
- Participating in the Life Education Center’s student billboard contest and being selected as the winning entry from Liberty Middle School
- Supporting the Life Education Center mobile classroom for K-6 grade prevention efforts
- Submitting teachers’ curriculum entries in the Life Education Center’s Best Practice contest
- Participating in the 2018 Illinois Youth Survey
- James Duggan, Director of Instruction (pictured left) participation as a panelist in the PfL Trauma and Resiliency Summit on May 10th