Every day, far too many Americans are hurt by alcohol and drug use. From diminished achievement in our schools, to greater risks in our roads and in our communities, to the heartache of lives cut tragically short, the consequences of substance abuse are profound. Yet, we also know that they are preventable.
Preventing drug use before it begins—particularly among young people—is the most cost-effective way to reduce drug use and its consequences. The best approach to reducing the tremendous toll substance abuse exacts from individuals, families, and communities is to prevent the damage before it occurs.
Looking for Solutions to Substance Use Problems?
A pocket resource directory for local substance use disorder treatment and human service organizations in and around Kankakee County, Illinois.
FOR EVEN MORE LOCAL & NATIONAL RESOURCES, VISIT KAN-I-HELP.ORG
- Illinois Helpline – Opioids & Other Substances
(833-2FINDHELP) or (833-234-6343)
- Illinois Tobacco Quitline
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Duane Dean Behavioral Health Center
- Gateway Alcohol & Drug Treatment Centers
- Narcan Training – Kankakee County Health Dept.
- IMHC Resolve Center
- St. Mary’s Substance Abuse
- Helen Wheeler Center
or SASS/Crisis Response (815-939-3991)
- Riverside Central Intake
- St. Mary’s Behavioral Health
- For Emergencies, Dial: 9-1-1
- Crisis Text Line
(Text HOME to 741741)
- Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline
- Harbor House – Domestic Violence
- Runaway Hotline
- Sexual Assault & Trafficking – KC-CASA
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Counseling & Health Services
- Azzarelli Clinic
- Aunt Martha’s
- Center Against Sexual Assault (KC-CASA)
- Harbor House
- Kankakee County Health Dept.
Individual & Family Life
- Child Care Resource & Referral
- Dept. of Child & Family Services (DCFS)
- Disability – Options CIL
- NEIL Agency on Aging
- Catholic Charities
- Center of Hope Food Pantry
- Kankakee County Community Services Inc
- Kankakee County Housing Authority
- Salvation Army
- River Valley Metro
- Show Bus
- Illinois Dept. of Employment Security
- KCC – North Extension Center
Criminal Justice/Legal Aid
- Jerome Combs Detention Facility
- Kankakee County Circuit Clerk’s Office
- Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office
- Kankakee County State’s Attorney
- Prairie State Legal Aid Office
- Illinois Dept. of Human Services
- Kankakee County Board Admin. Office
- Kankakee County Coroner’s Office
- Social Security Office – Kankakee
Other Helpful Resources:
Alcohol’s impact on your body starts from the moment you take your first sip. See a full info-graphic on how the effects of alcohol play out on the entirety of your body.
Considered a crisis situation in the United States, excessive drinking and binge drinking are problems that require serious attention. The detrimental effect it has on public safety is more than worthy of all the effort necessary to not only reduce it but eradicate it. More significant are the innocent lives that are impacted. This devastating impact ranges from the financial cost, physical injuries and rehabilitation, and many times, fatalities.
Learn the active ingredients in different over-the-counter pain medicines so you know which medicine can be used to treat certain types of pain. Also, discover what medications can never be mixed.