In the warm spirit of generosity and gratitude this season, we would like to thank you.
During our 24 year history we have seen individuals step up and use their unique talents to improve our schools, tackle youth substance abuse, and champion other causes that support our mission: to build a safer and healthier community. We appreciate your role.
Enclosed is our annual report, which details some of the events and projects our team undertook this year! Here are some highlights…
- Pledge for Life Partnership Life Education Center selected from over 100 entries nationwide to receive the CADCA Dose of Prevention Award.
- Over 3,300 students in 8th, 10th, and 12th grades in 31 school buildings in Kankakee and Iroquois counties participated in the Illinois Youth Survey.
- 2,500 pounds of unwanted or unused drugs were collected during 2 Take Back Days.
- Hundreds participated in 32 activities at our Family Fun-a-thon, run by 130 volunteers.
- 10 innovative educators earned “Life Education Center Best Practice” awards.
- 18 students, representing 8 high schools, 1 college, and 1 alternative school served on our Youth Advisory Council.
- 140 community leaders attended our Trauma & Resiliency Summit.
- Substance Abuse Pocket Resource Directories were developed and distributed through churches, mental health professionals, law enforcement, school staff, and more.
We want to offer our genuine appreciation for the hard work of every individual who has helped make these mission-based projects come to life. We look forward to new opportunities to work together in 2019. Once again, thank you for being a part of our community and for continuing with us on our journey in the new year.
Rebecca McBroom – Pledge for Life Partnership Board of Directors
Brenda Wetzel – Life Education Center Programs, Pledge for Life Partnership and I-KAN Regional Office of Education