In the warm spirit of generosity and gratitude this season, we would like to thank you.
During our nearly 30 year history we have seen individuals step up and use their unique talents to improve our schools, tackle youth substance abuse, and champion other causes that support our mission: to build a safer and healthier community. We appreciate your role.
Enclosed is our 2019 annual report, which highlights some of the events and projects our team undertook this year…
• A “Meeting of the Minds” Teen Mental Health & Wellness Summit brought together over 230 high school students, 20 educators and social workers, and 29 volunteers. Students learned from 15 presenters about safe medication practices; key skills to turn down invitations to misuse; and positive alternatives to cope with the demands of life.
• Prevention in prescription drug misuse was implemented by Life Education Center programs to 505 students in 8th, 9th, and 10th grades promoting safe use disposal of prescription medicine.
• Approximately 1,450 pounds of unwanted or unused drugs were collected during 2 National Prescription Drug Take Back Days.
• 10 innovative educators earned “Life Education Center Best Practice Contest” teacher awards.
• 26 students, representing 9 Kankakee County high schools, served on our Pledge for Life Partnership Youth Advisory Council.
• During the past year, the Kan-I Help Network resource and referral website hosted over 12,000 online visitors, who browsed the 698 agencies and the 1,328 services provided. The Pledge for Life Partnership partnered with Project SUN to strengthen and unify the network of Kankakee County children’s behavior health services and supports. The Kan-I Help site has undergone a major redesign and the new and improved, kanihelp.org, is set to launch in early 2020.
We want to offer our genuine appreciation for the hard work of every individual who has helped make these mission-based projects come to life. We look forward to new opportunities to work together in the new year.
Sarah Winkel, President
Brenda Wetzel, Director
Pledge for Life Partnershp Life Education Center Programs Board of Directors Pledge for Life Partnership and I-KAN Regional Office of Education